It would be great if the CoolBot could work with analog, knob style A/C units, but unfortunately they won't work. The CoolBot heater can't overcome the mass of the metal capillary tube sensors that are present in A/C's with knobs. The digital ones use low mass thermistors which are easy for our heater to work with.
Articles in this section
- Should I get the highest SEER or EER? Inverter or Non-Inverter?
- Can I use a Multi-Zone split A/C system?
- I saw that you recommended a 12K BTU A/C for an 8x8x8 room. Can I go up to a 15K, 18K or 24K BTU unit?
- Can I run the A/C in Energy Saver Mode?
- Will the temperature display of the A/C still be operational or accurate when the CoolBot is attached?
- Will the CoolBot reduce the lifespan of my A/C?
- What size air conditioner should I buy?
- Can I use an A/C with knobs? Does the A/C display have to be digital?