There are pros and cons of running the A/C in Energy Saver Mode. Here are the facts to consider:
Pros of running Energy Saver Mode:
- Saves a little Electricity
- The fan turns off when the compressor turns off, but the fan will still periodically cycle on to circulate air in the room
Cons of running Energy Saver Mode:
- The room recovers from door openings more slowly
- If the fins freeze up, it is probably too warm outside to run in Energy Saver, so you should switch back to the Cool mode
- It cools down field-hot produce more slowly (especially for higher quantities of produce). if you load up a lot of produce, you should switch out of Energy Saver and reset your heater settings back to "d1"
If you do decide to run the AC in Energy Saver, you need to change the HEATER Delay setting up to "d3" from the default of "d1".
To do that, do the following:
- Tap the RIGHT arrow to go into "heater" mode (the light under "heater" will be on, and "F" will be in the display if you are in the US, "C" if you are elsewhere)
- Tap the CHECK MARK button 3 times (or until you see "d1" blinking in the display)
- Tap the right arrow twice to change to "d3"
- Press the Check mark once to lock in the new setting. The display reverts back to normal in 20 seconds