If the room is above 60F or 15.5C there is a problem with the air conditioner. Above this temp the CoolBot is NOT communicating with the air conditioner.
Check the settings on the AC:
- It needs to be set in “Cool” mode (may be indicated by a snowflake icon)
- The air conditioner needs to be set at it’s coldest possible temperature for the CoolBot to communicate with it.
- If the room temperature is above the AC’s setting reboot the AC:
- If it has a test/reset button built in press the test button to turn it off or you can use the power switch. Leave it off for 3 min before restarting, (press the reset button, press the power button or plug it back in) if the compressor was on you could damage it by restarting too soon.
- It will take a minute or two for the compressor to cycle back on, if the AC still doesn’t blow cold air check your circuit breaker. On a 220V air conditioner the circuit breaker will have 2 switches. It is possible for only one to be off so the AC’s lights and fan would still work but not the compressor.
- Last thing to try, disconnect the CoolBot from the AC and try see if it comes on by itself, you can hold your hand around the air conditioners temperature sensor to simulate a warmer room, always wait at least a minute since most AC’s have a built-in delay.