Yes it does! Really! The fan stays on, but the compressor turns off. The fan is cheap to run and keeps the cold circulated in the room. In smaller rooms you can run in Energy Saver mode which turns the fan off when the compressor is off. (It will still turn the fan on every 3 minutes to circulate air.)
If you change to Energy Saver mode on the air conditioner you should also change the CoolBot heater setting to d3*
UPSIDES of running Energy Saver Mode:
- Saves Electricity
- The fan turns off when the compressor turns off
- (It will cycle on even without the compressor every 3 minutes for 30 seconds or so to circulate air in the room)
- The room recovers from door openings more slowly
- It cools down warm product more slowly
- If it is much warmer outside than in the cooler you may see freezing on the fins of the air conditioner. In that case you need to operate in the "cool" mode.
When you change from energy saver back to the "cool" mode remember to change the CoolBot heater setting back to d1*
* How to change the CoolBot heater setting:
- Use the RIGHT arrow to go into "heater" mode (the light under "heater" will be on, and "F" will be in the display if you are in the US, "C" if you are elsewhere)
- Press the CHECK MARK button 3 times (or until you see "d1" blinking in the display)
- Press the right arrow to change to "d3"
- Press the Check mark... that's it! The display reverts back to normal in 20 seconds.
- Just use the left arrow to lower the setting from d3 to d1